Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New member.

Default New member.

I was reviewing the Kitfox photo's and I came across Agfoxflyer, (David Estapa) and noticed his elevated photo from the side with a USA Flag and an ATM flag. I had to comment considering I am a Class of '73 graduate. It is a beautiful Bird, I like the color choice, I would have picked a little darker red maybe Maroon with white stripes, and a block ATM on the side.

What engine, and why did you pick a kitfox? I am thinking of buying one flying. I have been working on a Dragonfly, but I am getting tired of working on it so I am looking at a Kitfox Series 5

Paul Zimmermann
    Texas A&M University, Class of '73
    Gig'em Aggies

Default Re: TeamKitfox Member's PHOTO ALBUMS directory

Hey Paul, welcome to the list. I'm Class of "71, so we probaly crossed paths. My plane has the 912ULS and as far as I'm concerned it is a great choice for the 5,6,7 Kitfoxes. Why Kitfox? In 1985 a friend invited me to go to Oshkosh with him. I hadn't even heard of it back then. I saw this little plane called the Kitfox and thought I could build that. The Kitfox has change a lot since then. I think my useful load might be more than the gross weight of that plane I first saw. I followed it's development thru the years until 1997 when I was finally in a position to be able to buy a kit. It took 9 years to build because of work obligations. It is a great flying airplane with no bad handling qualities and a real safe airplane (as long as the pilot is that way). It is fantastic for the flying I enjoy most, which is just batting around the North Georgia mountains. Up over the mountains in the Kitfox there is no economy, politics, etc, to worry about, just enjoying the scenery and flying the plane. My brother and I are finishing up a RV-9A, but the Kitfox isn't going anywhere.

Hope you find what you are looking for. You can't go wrong with the Kitfox.

David
    Gig 'EM
    David E.
    Woodstock, Georgia
    N97DE S5 TD Flying

N97KE RV-9A Sold
    N96KE RV10 Sold
    Rans S21 Helping Brother Build (Selling)
    Vans RV-14A (On Order)

Default Re: TeamKitfox Member's PHOTO ALBUMS directory

yup, once you fly a kitfox, you won't want anything else. At least unless you need to get somewhere fast. My RV7 is almost finished, but on hold so to speak until the 912ULS is installed in the Kitfox4, which I think your list should have included the 4. I found that I will be adding about 4 pounds of weight to the aircraft, so I will be gaining pure performance and a big smile to my aircraft.

I love going through the mountains vs. over them. One of my favorite things to do with the fox. We also have trenches close to where I live and that's a load of fun as well. I also like IFR, I fly rivers, railroad tracks and of course roads.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop