Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NR Headsets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am looking for advice on NR headsets. Will be a new pilot, building a Kitfox SS7, starting lessons soon and need to purchase a good headset. I am in my 60's with fairly good hearing, but would like all the help I can get. What is the best value for the money?

Jim

I should add that I don't care much about music quality, just good radio and intercom quality, and good comfort on the head/ears.

I did a search on the forum and got nearly nothing which really surprised me, considering the importance of a good headset. Maybe they are all good, with very minor differences?

Jim

Default Re: NR Headsets

I have light speed & they are great
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I have Lightspeed and they are great. John has Bose and they are the absolute best. Very lightweight, comfortable, clear and quiet.

Lightspeeds are a very good mid price range.

Bose are the very best in the expensive category.

When buying headsets, buy the best you can afford and go with ANR's.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

what ever you decide on for an anr headset consider coughing up the few extra bucks for the panel power supply and skip the batteries . i converted one of my david clarks to anr and used the battery pack for a while , what a pia . i flew for a while that way and finally installed the panel mounted power supply wired to the radio master and never looked back . granted the lightspeed are light comfortable and work good but i just have a problem shelling out $900 and them being made in china . for that kind of money they could surely be made in the usa .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I recently purchased a LightSpeed Sierra which does not work in my Kitfox but does in regular GA planes. A friend has a Zulu and his doesn't work in my Kitfox either. My DC 13.4's work great though. My radio's an Icom A-200. Is anyone else having that problem? Is it the ANR feature? Any help appreciated...

what do you mean , dont work , no anr , cant hear anything , cant transmit ? have you talked to lightspeed ? my friend where i hangar my kitfox has a speedster and has used several lightspeed models in it , including zulu , with good success . the few problems he has had with the headsets lightspeed has been good to respond and help him out .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

My advice would be to see if you can try the different brands in your plane. I was going to get the BOSE before I went to Airventure and while there I decided I would try all the different types. For me the Lightspeed was the better sounding headset. I actually got the 20-3G since it sounded as good/better than the BOSE and was less than half the price. I have since also purchased a Zulu. Everyone's ears are different so not all headsets will sound the same for each individual.
    WW

What is a 20-3G? I don't see it anywhere on the Lightspeed website.

Jim

I don't think the 20-3G or the 30-3G are sold anymore. I purchased mine before the Zulu series was introduced. You may be able to find a set on ebay. They are much bulkier than the Zulu but for my wore out ear they worked great. I still have my 20-3G and it is my spare for a passenger. I have thought of sending it in for the "upgrade" program but since they work fine I haven't done it yet.
    WW

The internal noise in my Kitfox IV is to me, unreal. My Bose tames it down immesurably.
    Chuck