Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: high oil temps and pressure

Default high oil temps and pressure

I have a 912 ULS. While flying last evening, oil temperature (230 F) and pressure (75 psi) both went to the top of the green and upon landing the oil pressure began fluctuating, but stayed within the green. CHT stayed in the middle of the green (205 F) all the while. All three temperatures normally stay in the middle of the green. Any ideas?

Default Re: high oil temps and pressure

Quote Originally Posted by mr bill View Post
    I have a 912 ULS. While flying last evening, oil temperature (230 F) and pressure (75 psi) both went to the top of the green and upon landing the oil pressure began fluctuating, but stayed within the green. CHT stayed in the middle of the green (205 F) all the while. All three temperatures normally stay in the middle of the green. Any ideas?
    Check ground connections first. May be false readings.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Will do. Seems odd that they would both go high. Just got home from flying for another hour and the same thing happened by the end of the hour. After landing, both returned to the middle of the green.

HI Mr Bill,
    I don't fly a ULS, I fly a UL. But, that said, My neighbor's ULS was fluctuating and we looked at the ball and spring assembly in the lube pump per the Rotax Owner.com video on the same.
    We found a small piece of PLASTIC from the oil cap ring on an oil bottle had come off during his last oil change and been poured into the engine oil reservoir. the plastic part made it all the way to the ball and spring assembly of the pump. We cleaned the ball and spring assembly and reinstalled it. Problem solved. He now uses a filtered funnel during servicing.
    Just a thought.

I am doing an oil /filter change tomorrow and will check that. I do have the latest screw plug, spring and plunger.

Thank you and Norm

Bill