Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Better than nothing?

Default Better than nothing?

Not every day is the greatest weather.......but, getting out for 3 hours today beat the heck out of sitting.........lots of unique shaped lakes help with the nav.....weather prophets said 5-10.......most was closer to 5.

Dave S

KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    St Paul. MN
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Better than nothing?

What the devil is all of that White Stuff on the Ground?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I agree. what is that ,white stuff? and the temp, 5. is that a frozen lake down there? eeeeek!

I took my boat out Saturday. I'm flying in 50+.

I feel for ya man.

Now you know why I am a bit jealous of you guys in the warmer climates......

The temp wasn't 5....that was the vis...one of our warmer days, actually above freezing. On the trip yesterday observed many folks out on the lakes with their super duty pickups ice fishing.... most of the lakes had 3 feet of ice this year and most of that is still here - I keep wondering why we don't have any official "Ice Runways" up here....would seem to be a good thing to do.

NW MN is scheduled for an addittional 1+ foot of snow and blizzard & wind gusts to 50 later today...REALLY jealous of you guys with actual ground to look at!

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS

That is why I love Utah this time of year I can ski and golf in the same day. Go to the mountains 100 inches of snow down in the valley green grass.
    Dj Series 6