Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Radial Mini Coupe pics

Default Kitfox Radial Mini Coupe pics

Hey Guys,
    Just back from Oshkosh. I had these professional posters made for the show, I guess the next best thing to me carting the thing across the big pond!
    I'm currently coducting weigh and balance, I have the 680 battery as far back as it will go and will add 3 lbs of lead to get my balance. Empty weight came in at 831 lbs. Im pretty happy with that. I personally weigh 162 lbs so I guess my lack of belly fat can go towards engine!!!! haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Kitfox Radial Mini Coupe pics

Really special. Every time I look, I see some new detail.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

You had to bring that back up huh? That is so awesome, Envious all over again.
    Eddie

She is really a beautiful airplane Paul. Nice work! Did you spend time on the interior like you did on the exterior? If so, can't wait to see those pics!

Looks Awesome Paul, you need to bring it to Oshkosh next year!!! :-)
    -Mike Kraus
    RV-4 built and sold :-(
    RV-10 built and flying
    KitFox SS7 built and flying and now on amphib floats!

That IS the prettiest girl at the dance. No doubt. Thank you for sharing. Not to be a nag, but, do you have interior seating and panel pics? My ship is in pieces in my shop and I am installing a brand new engine. While its apart, I may clean up a few things.

Interior Pics? ....Pleeeeeeeeeese. Or are you keeping it secret until Oshkosh next year? I understand.
    Here's the pic of my fighter fox before I took her down for a new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    That IS the prettiest girl at the dance. No doubt. Thank you for sharing. Not to be a nag, but, do you have interior seating and panel pics? My ship is in pieces in my shop and I am installing a brand new engine. While its apart, I may clean up a few things.
    The interior still needs trimming, and I really need to paint or trim the exposed fabric on the inside as the poly brush that drips through looks so messy. Im having too much fun right to worry about it . Before next public showing I'll have it done.

The panel is super minimalist, all steam 5 switches, very industrial looking. I have no upholstery ATM and am just sitting on nicely painted but raw seats, that's fine for now, although when I side slip I do tend to slide about on the slippery seats

Oh I must say the el cheapo radio from spruce works a treat. Very happy with it.

Hey Paul,
    That is really nice! I must admit to missing your recent posts as I've been away a fair bit - this has crept up on me, but WOW! Looking forward to seeing her close up!

Speaking of which - how about bringing up to Mt Beauty for our flyin on the 25th Nov! Another Kitfox would be great - we have two here at Mt Beauty.

Anyway, here are some details - it is the email send to people when the register - we have 90 registrations so far! :

Dear Paul,

Thanks for registering for the Mt Beauty Fly-in.

Here are few things that will help you plan.

1. Visit http://www.ymbt.org.au/ for lots of pilot information
    ………… INCLUDING LIVE WEATHER AND LIVE AIRPORT CAM: http://avmet.ymbt.org.au/
    ………… and follow updates on the Mt Beauty Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/MtBeautyAirport/

2. NEW!!! We believe in making Mt Beauty a leader in using technology to enhance safety at ALA’s like Mt Beauty. You are amongst the first to see our new initiative - pilot familiarisation clips.

Clip A: General approach and Runway 14 landing: https://player.vimeo.com/video/24005...e=0&portrait=0

Clip B: Runway 32 landing: https://player.vimeo.com/video/24005...e=0&portrait=0

These familiarisation clips have been produced by Fusion Safety. Craig Docherty is one of local aircraft and hanger owners here at Mt Beauty and will be on hand at the fly-in to chat about how Fusion could produce similar familiarisations for your airfield, if interested. Have a look at them and let us know what you think. We plan to install these on our website, Facebook site and perhaps make them available through Oz Runways and/or Avplan.

3. For those wishing to arrive on the Friday we will be there to meet you. We will also plan a fly-out for those interested on the Saturday morning early.

4. We are planning a STOL demonstration session on our 150m grass strip. This is NOT a competition, however, if you feel confident you and your plane can take off and land in 150m or less, we welcome you to participate. We will measure your take off and landing distances and provide them to you as feedback and for future reference.There will be a briefing for those who wish to participate at 11:30am. You MUST attend the briefing to participate and we will most likely organise several groups of ‘like types’ for this exercise.

5. The theme for this year is emergency services and we hope to have one of the fire bombers in attendance as well as the local CFA group. The Mt Beauty Airfield enables access for the Air Ambulance service and serves as a base for fire bombers during the fire season.

6. Food and drinks will be available throughout the day. A coffee van will keep everyone well caffeinated and dinner will be available from several local providers who will be operating at the airfield. We hope you will join us and enjoy a lovely evening at the airfield under the stars. A licensed bar will be operating from 4pm until late.

Feel free to pass this on to others who may not have registered yet.
    Here is a link to the registration page: http://www.ymbt.org.au/gathering-of-the-moths/

Look forward to seeing you at the flyin!

Any of you from the US, Canada, England Europe, Israel, Sth Africa and even NZ are also welcome to fly-in!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Smile Re: Kitfox Radial Mini Coupe pics

Thank you for the pics. I see the space on the right is just about perfect for an iPad mini to run foreflight. I just got it and will "install' it with velcro so I can still use the iPad outside the plane.
    I"ll send pix when its all done. Thank you again.