Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: I need help on Mod IV rudder pedals

Default I need help on Mod IV rudder pedals

I've searched this forum with very little luck on the cracking of the rudder pedals. I have a copy of the service letter, but can anyone show me what the repair kit, part number 35015.000, entails? I wish I knew about this when I had the brake cylinders out for overhaul. And if the repair is large triangle brackets welded from the torque tube to the pedal upright, how do you get to the brakes? If they are too big, it may not even clear my Matco cylinders. Photos anyone?
    Thanks,
    Jay

Default Re: I need help on Mod IV rudder pedals

Jay,

The attached photo shows an early S7 - not a IV; however, hoping the photo may be of some use to you to get an idea how the factory did their reinforcement. Note that there is a triangle on both sides of the tubes. The rivets are for the connecting the inner torque tube on this model so don't get confused by that. On the S5 - I believe not all the rudder pedal tubes were reinforced; and, some folks I know of with an S5 affixed straps around the torque tube welding or riveting the strap in place - a little different than the triangles.

I can't tell you what the repair kit involves for the IV - probably best to see Kitfox about that if they sell it - but there is a principal involving reinforcing this part on more than one model.

The solutions individuals have come to may be variable; but the idea is the same.

The current assembly in the attached photo is very sturdy.

Wish you luck,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Default Re: I need help on Mod IV rudder pedals

Scroll down through this thread http://www.matronics.com/forums/view...30b74f227f7d04 and you will see some photos similar to the factory reinforcement kit. The people welded theirs but if I remember correctly...at the time anyhow...the factory kit used structural epoxy and rivets to attach the reinforcement straps to the pedal tubes.

Edit: here;s the photo
    Rudder_pedal.jpg
    Last edited by t j; 10-17-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder