Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy new project

Default New guy new project

Hi everyone. New sheep to the flock. I own a cessna 150 that I'm selling in anticipation of a Kitfox 5. It is the early model 1400 lbs. O200 for power. A friend built it and due to some build issues and bad luck wound up munching up a gear leg and collapsing the gear on landing along with a wing tip. He finished most of the repair before losing interest which is where I came into the story. As long as we can make sure the paperwork is good and that the airframe (which has been inspected and found to be perfect) can be found flight worthy then we have a deal pounded out. I will buy the plane as is and complete repairs with my mechanic and begin flying a Kitfox. So here's hoping everything goes well. The fsdo in Portland will hopefully tell us that the aircraft can be made flight worthy again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New guy new project

Congratulations and welcome. I see you have already changed the gear so looks like your close to ready. I think more spring gears are put on after the original fails. BTW You might find the Kitfox V has just a little more performance than a 150 Good Luck
    Norm

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi, You should notice a difference from the 150
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Cessna is pending sale now. The buyer has been found and delivery is on Sunday. Now all I need is info on the Kitfox. Another photo of this project for you guys.

Love my 5 , it's powered with a 912,
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

After I recieved an approval from Joe at LSA aviation I am pleased to say that I have purchased the kitfox. N852PG should be in the air hopefully this spring. I will keep everyone posted on this thread. Also I'll have photos posted when I can.

The model 5 is a great Kitfox. Congrats and good luck.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I just finished a visit to Joe at LSA aviation. I spent just over a full day there. In order to save time and money my girlfriend and I worked for about 12 hrs yesterday on PG. We removed the old plastic header tank and the seat. We then washed out the planes' interior. Since I recienved the aircraft in a basket case configuration I then sorted all the parts and hardware to see what we had and what we would need while Joe installed the wing tips. Then we started ironing one of the wings. Last but not least we organized and restored the books and located all important records while copying down part numbers of hardware needed to complete the plane. All the tedious work is completed now and all that is left is to paint and install the major aircraft parts. After that it's all about the engine. Should be seeing test flights in about 2 months I think.

Ok so some updates. I'm going to be getting back to work on my plane today. First things first I'm up in Seattle at spencer aircraft getting paint and thinner as Joe has run out. He sent me some photos so here goes

Washed upon arrival. I think the average accumulation of dust was 1lb. Per year of sitting