Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: brakes

Default brakes

Which are the better master cylinders to put on a kitfox with dual brakes?

Default Re: brakes

I've been flying a Model 5 that has Cleveland masters and they work excellent. But of course the price is roughly times 4 of the Matco.

I am using Grove master cylinders, so I do not need a separate brake fluid reservoir. Only need the two on the pilots side, as I remember, they cost about $110 each. The two on the passenger side are from Matco.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mr bill; 06-28-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: cost

My brakes are similar to those but matco. I see the spring on your left rudder pedal. I need a constant pressure on my left rudder for trim. Last night while flying at Zollinger Strip my DAR neighbor suggested I do that to trim my rudder. Does it work pretty good? After an hour or so of flying the need for pressure does get tiring.

Put a fixed aluminum trim tab on your rudder. The thin aluminum allows you to bend it until perfect trim is tweaked in. I used the heavy duty automotive double stick foam trim tape to put mine on-no rivets or screws. Been on for two years now with no sign of coming loose. First make sure your wing rigging is tweaked in-no heavy wing. Then do the rudder trim. You will get hands-off ball centered cruising.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Correction---my master brake cylinders are Matco with the built in brake fluid reservoirs.