Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folding wings

Default Re: Folding wings

The factory visits & flying some aircraft is important. I mentioned I like the Just Aircraft SuperSTOL, there is a Canadian builder that took the time to build one. He finished it, flew it a little, and decided to sell it because it such a sow flier. I can not imagine putting that much time into the effort just to be dissatisfied. Last I looked he still has it for sale.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Angry Re: Folding wings (not sure why the frown?)

I too really like the Just Super Stol, but I find their Highlander model a much better compromise. It will do most everything the Super Stol will do (and that's also according to S Henry - the dead stick takeoff guy that owns one of each and most definitely knows his airplanes, not just me) but cruises much faster, has better load carrying ability, and actually takes off shorter. But afterall, we all know weight is a critical component for aircraft performance, and a standard Highlander can be 150 lbs lighter than its new big brother the Super Stol. So when you factor that into the equation, it only makes sense that the Highlander performs so well.

But going back to the Kitfox; The Kitfox is in my opinion the most efficient of the entire LSA STOL group of aircraft, and is also probably the overall most versatile. Having the ability to get around much like the average Cessna or Piper does cross country, but yet be able to go where the Supercubs can go, all while having the ability to haul its own empty weight, and on about 1/2 the fuel of the Supercub or the Cessna, is really nothing short of amazing. Oh, and then throw in one of the best folding wing designs in the entire industry, excellent support from a great company, and you have an airplane that really has very little competition.

And personally that's why you find this forum so active... there are gobs of us that love our Kitfoxes! My wife teases that she's probably gonna have to bury me with my Kitfox.
    Last edited by av8rps; 06-22-2015 at 06:57 PM.