Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Fly In

Default Re: Missouri Fly In

was a great day Steve..took up a first time flyer..and our new member MoFlyer..I think he is still grinning,..I should have got a photo of that event but there was allot going on
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

the day started out at 29 degree's with frost on the ground..I checked to get an idea when and if the jumpers would start ,..Maddie n I departed M48 at 9:00 and arrived at MO9 around 10:00am..the temp had risen to 42 degrees when we touched down cross wind to 18 out of the south east, I met GaWilkie at the Cafe' .Brett pulled in shortly after, then MoFlyer showed up..he was out at my plane..so we walked out and met MoFlyer..everyone said their intro's and then I asked MoFlyer if he was ready to try on the kitfox..we went up for a short flight..it was a little rough thermal wise and with all the traffic and jumpers we headed south about 10 miles then turned east a couple miles and back to the north back to MO9 me at 220lbs and MoFlyer at 225lbs ..we fit the 5 airframe well..I think he is pleased on his choice of the Kitfox line the handling..how quick we got off the ground..and a hurried landing but still somewhat short, between the parachuters..guys back taxiing to take off and others in line to land ,..patrons flying in and 2 planes giving rides and AG planes flying in and out of the pattern,there was allot going on for a back country grass strip
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Way to pay it forward Chase. One ride in a Kitfox will almost always do the trick, even on a slightly bumpy, busy day.

Someday I'd like to drop in to that Hangar Cafe. Looks like a fun place.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

it is and usually every flyable week end its busy spring to first snow
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Chase's plane was impressive. It handles great. You move the stick and the plane reacts. Don't know how else to describe it. The Cherokee seemed like, when it came to ailerons, you move the yoke and the plane would follow. The Kitfox seemed stable and very responsive. I liked it a lot. I don't recall what the grade is on the runway but Chase's plane (with 80hp) got the mains off while going uphill. I assumed that as soon as we topped the crest, it wouldn't take long to get her off but she surprised me by doing it uphill. It was a good morning. I would love to say you that Brett's car handles as good as it looks but he didn't offer to let me drive it Great group of Kitfox fliers here in Missouri.

Mike

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Mike. We kinda knew you would.
    Imagine flying that same Kitfox solo. It will really surprise you how fast it can get in the air.

All that performance and yet still pretty to look at.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I would guess the grade is about 2.5 may 3 degrees at the beginning of the runway, great meeting you to Mike, i think we have the makings of a great club,after you left there was a yellow model 4 with a GEO and RAVEN redrive that had landed, i had taken Sniper upfir a flight and when we landed it was gone, so the KITFOX may be more abundant in MO then we think the Club should draw them out once the word gets Out��
    Oh and we landed on the first part of the runway and turned into the parking area before the crest of the hill too, i came in a little faster because its on the leeward side of the CAFE and wind was blowing from that side SE, im not sure of the length of that section of runway, i will have to check it, just checked it on googleearth we used about 400' of runway at 2.84% grade
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 04-05-2015 at 07:22 AM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Acer_Snipers first flight he did well..future pilot in the rough Great job Sniper~!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

we will have to get a designated photographer in the group for these fly in's.not one pic of all the planes on the field..
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

My nephew Acer sniper (Aidan) still has a grin on his face from his 1st ride. He's leafing through the IV's building manual as I type this!

Sure enjoyed meeting George and Mike and talking about our kitfox's and future ones also!

Diane, Aidan, Quinn and I really like our t-shirts Chase, not to mention the Cleveland brake stuff you gave me for our plane.

Can't tell you what it meant to me that you took the time to give Aidan's first experimental plane ride. Created a great memory he will remember forever.

Bravo-Zulu to you bud.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades