Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Thanks Paul.

Smile Thanks Paul.

Nice tribute to a man that inspired and enabled so many to achieve their aviation dreams.

Founders Fairwell

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Thanks Paul.

That is an amazing video...... good post
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada

Default Re: Thanks Paul.

Some of the local guys from the the other EAA chapter I belong to (640) finished the Baby Ace that Paul had started just before he passed. They got it finished in time for Airventure this year and flew it there.

It was at my local fly in this past weekend. The plane is shown (briefly) in the video at the link.

(The sharp eyed will see my plane and myself in the video, too… )
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Smile Re: Thanks Paul.

Love that Baby Ace replica. They did an outstanding job finishing that for AirVenture. A great effort to honor Paul. I understand the original is on display in the EAA museum.

I took a quick photo of Papa (Desertfox1) in front of the Mechanix Illustrated Baby Ace. The original, Papa credits as, the reason he became so interested in aviation and experimental aircraft specifically.

Thanks again to Paul for inspiring so many including our own "Desertfox1" to get building.

Papa hung out with so many of the early "greats" in experimental aviation in the early days at FlaBob, (Established in 1925 by Flavio Madariaga and Bob Bogan) also (Home to EAA Chapter 1), near Rubidoux & Riverside, Ca. I've been honored to hear some of the stories Papa tells of those pioneers like Ray Stits, and Ed Marquart that, along with Paul and Audrey and those early EAA members, made possible the experimental aircraft community that fostered so many of our aviation passions.

IMG_0103.jpg

P.S. - When ever I see Mr. Poberezney's P-51 Mustang that bears the name of
    "Paul 1",
    I always really see it as Paul Won.
    It's not the man that dies with the most toys that wins. It's the one with the most friends.
    Paul had 1 million of those.

R.I.P. Paul H. Poberezney.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear