Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dynon and Airspeed

Default Dynon and Airspeed

On my SS7 still in Phase 1, I have a Dynon D100 with the angle of attack airspeed probe (unheated). Probe is mounted approximately 10 inches below lower wing surface and parrallel to surface. I am getting significant airspeed fluctuations in flight with very minimal pitch changes and/or incursions due to turbulence. System has been checked for problems with pitot/static lines with no issues. Does anyone else have this setup and if so, do you have symptoms such as these?

Dick B

Default Re: Dynon and Airspeed

have you got static line ? or is it open to the back of the panel,..if it's open to the back of the panel,,do you have air coming in around the firewall?

an example ; in my quad cab truck if I open a front window a little and a back window a little I get pressure fluctuation to the point I can hear it,..like a twin engine airplane the waa waa waa,.. my point if you have pressure fluctuation inside of the cockpit it will make a steam ASI fluctuate if no static line is connected
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I have the Dynon Skyview and the Dynon AOA pitot tube mounted under the wing in the Kitfox recommended location, about 6" under and parallel. No problems with airspeed fluctuations; and the AOA indicator seems to be working well. I put my static line port on the left side of the fuse, low and ahead of the tail, again in the Kitfox factory recommended location.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi,
    I have the dynon D100. The pitot tube is the dynon non heated angle of attack pitot, it is about 4-5"s below the wing. The static port is on the left fuselage in the spot that the build instructions suggest.

I have a backup 2 1/2" asi also plumbed into the dynon d100 , pitot tube ,static port circuit.

I don't have any fluctuations in airspeed, the d100 works well. As does the angle of attack feature, once calibrated and set.

There is a calibration that you can do, just follow the directions. I think that is only done if you are showing airspeed when you shouldnt have any showing, like in the hangar. There may be other calibrations in the manual to help with this.

You might want to search the dynon forum for a solution or give them a call.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW