Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Series 7 for few bucks!!!???

Default Series 7 for few bucks!!!???

What is the catch!!!!???

I have seen that Kitfox in here I think!!!???

why 38 000$ for a series 7 ???? (accident?)

http://www.barnstormers.com/classifi...+series+7.html
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Default Re: Series 7 for few bucks!!!???

I called on this one this morning. The owner seams not to know much and refers you to his mechanic.

Nose gear collapse and prop strike and some airframe damage but it sounds as if it was repair properly. The mechanic that took care of the aircraft for the last 4 years is a certified Rotax mechanic. Also both fuel tanks were recently replaced with Kitfox Aircraft's alcohol resistant versions. He said you can notice the repairs top and bottom of wings, also the bottom cowling was replaced along with the nose gear and it pretty much matches the rest of the paint job.

I think it is priced reasonably considering the history and if someone close needed a low cost Model 7 with 912S, this might be worth considering. It's just too far away for me. It hasn't been flown much since the repairs so flying in , picking it up and flying across the country may be a little bit of a gamble.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank's for taking the time to call.... I'm a bit chilly to purchase a plane that had an accident..... the engine may have suffer.....

If I had already asemble a Kitfox.... maybe that would be different....

What are the differences between a series 7 and a Super Sport?
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

For the price of getting a Kitfox 7 Kit into Canada you might as well buy this and put a new engine. By the time I got my kit into Canada I was up to 35,000 after shipping and taxes before unpacking. This seems like a good deal to me even if you need a whole new engine.

Eric,

Although there is a little ambiguity regarding the Series 7 and SuperSport...roughly.. ....sort of like a SuperSport might be a series 7 but a series 7 is not necessarily a SuperSport, however, if a person goes by the production date of the kit, I think the one being looked at per this thread is from a kit manufacturted by the firm that went bankrupt before John McBean bought the jigs & intellectual property, etc from the bankrupcy.

Prior to John's ownership, the series 7 had a lever actuated manual pitch trim control utilizing tabs on the elevator and a fixed horizontal stabilizer. The SuperSport Utilizes an Electric jackscrew to adjust the horizontal stabilizer to effect pitch trim control like the previous s5 and s6 (I think) had - that's the major difference.

The one currrently on barnstormers, per date and tail feathers appears to be the original series 7 with the manual trim & elevator tabs.

The easy way to visually identify a Supersport is by the squared off rudder top, while the early S7's had the rounded off rudder top.

John has added a lot of engineering changes to the current Supersport (and I am probably not aware of all of them). Some things I am aware of is a two piece elevator push pull tube which permits a lot more open space in the baggage area than the single tube previously used. Another is the neat welded tabs for fastening the seat pan down. I don't know that the bubble doors and certainly not the one piece turtle deck were available in the original S7 kits.

So there are a number of goodies with the currrent SuperSport that were not available for the original S7; however, the big change is going with the electric jackscrew for pitch trim on the SuperSport. Other than refinements, I believe the S7 and the SS are nearly identical.

People please forgive me if I missed anything important; but, I felt I could address some of your question as I have one of the original S7s and have seen the kits since John has been shephearding the operation so successfully.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    St Pau, MN

Yes Josh..... I know what you mean..... but there is instruction to assemble a kit Kitfox..... but none to repair one....

and it is juste out of schedule.... just finish my garage..... that cost me 40K+.... and to add up the dollors worth .88$ CDN..... will wait for better sky!!

I think you purchase your kit a better dollars then .88$ exchange don't you?

but it tickles me!!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Dave..... I think this one has a electric trim....(for what I can see on the photos) for the differences those ones u sugeste are what i had in mind.....

it is a nice Fox.... and just 613km from Nicolet!!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Yeah the dollar was about .97 when I bought it….if I had bought it 6 month earier it would have been 1.10

It Canada could pay is debt.... the CDN dollar could go up again..... it would help!!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Ah, they are trying to push it down to stimulate manufacturing again. Plus, our oil is valued in American dollars so they lower our dollar against the American the more Canadian cash it injects into the economy. What we need is to get the Northern Gateway Pipeline approved so we can sell our oil to asian markets since it doesn't seem like Keystone is going through anytime soon….