Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flying to Oshkosh

Default Flying to Oshkosh

Hello everyone,

This year I will be flying to Oshkosh in a Piper Cherokee, I plan to leave Edmonton, AB July 26th, stay the night in Brandon, MB then clear customs somewhere Minnesota/Wisconsin border. At that point I'll grab a bite and head for KOSH.

Anyone care to join? It looks like I am going solo so I am very flexible. I can go out of my way if anyone wants to loosely fly in together. The more the merrier.

Default Re: Flying to Oshkosh

I will be flying in on either Saturday or Sunday from KRRL.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Spoke with a co-worker today....we may be flying one of our King Air 300's up for a static display. Anyone know how far out a fella should contact the event organizer for a parking spot and the P.R. issues? I'm assuming that, as long as we register, they'll have a spot in the War Birds area for us. Any insight would be helpful. I'm going to dig in to the EAA media this week for more info. If we can fly in, we'll be planning a Monday Evening arrival and a Friday morning departure. Thanks...hope to mark it there!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

If you're not a war bird you won't be parking in the war birds.

To display this year you need to be talking with someone already. The sooner the better. You will then get a spot assigned to you.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks for the update Av8r3400. It'll likely be an Army King Air, RC-12X, which happens to be equivicable to the King Air 200... UNS-1 Cockpit, with -67 engines, and a Beech 1900 tail...but I don't really care where they put us...as long as I get to go. I'll call this afternoon to begin coordination! Hope to make it!
    Last edited by Pilot4Life; 04-22-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Isn't funny what the Army can do to a perfectly good KingAir or QueenAir? I worked at Beechcraft West in CA for 10 years and we took care of the Beechcrafts that they had at Hamilton Field. If I remember correctly, they had an early KingAir with QueenAir wings and engines. Funny for sure.
    Wish I could go this year now that I own an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot4Life View Post
    Thanks for the update Av8r3400. It'll likely be an Army King Air, RC-12X, which happens to equivicable to the King Air 200... UNS-1 Cockpit, with -67 engines, and a Beech 1900 tail...but I don't really care where they put us...as long as I get to go. I'll call this afternoon to begin coordination! Hope to make it!