Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Osh Kosh 2008

Default Osh Kosh 2008

Just returned from Airventure '08. Just amazing. My second time there and still incredible. Met up with the McBeans. Great people. Debra called and confirmed my kit arrives Fri the 1st. Their booth had a steady stream all day and I even got into the act recommending the Supersport(and I haven't even started yet!). I'm looking forward to starting and am already planning next year's trip. If I work quickly I can go in my own Kitfox. Saw several Kitfoxes in our journeys, but we need to get more out there!! See you in the funny papers.

Also back from Oshkosh. Went by the Kitfox booth at least a dozen times. Evidently I was afflicted with "paralysis due to analysis". Finally got over the affliction and pulled the trigger. Layed down a deposit for a Supersport kit. I was very impressed with the plane, the people, and support from the Kitfox crowd.

Others thinking about a kit better think fast . They are now in November production. Will have to wait patiently.

Steve

Mine came in Friday. It came in the mother of all crates. I'll have pictures posted in my photo album soon and am going to use Expercraft to document my build.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1steve View Post
    Also back from Oshkosh. Went by the Kitfox booth at least a dozen times. Evidently I was afflicted with "paralysis due to analysis". Finally got over the affliction and pulled the trigger. Steve
    Steve,

Great, welcome to the Kitfox community!
    Randy Lervold
    TeamKitfox.com Admin Emeritus
    Day job: www.dynonavionics.com

Probably not too interesting to Kitfoxers but I was at OSH too with my RV-3. I flew with the RV formation crew on Tuesday and Wednesday...
    81Rvs550x409.jpg
    Randy Lervold

Randy,

'was there and the formation flying was an awesome display. A lot of us underestimate the practice and skill it takes to do that. Saw some more pics on the vansairforce.net site.

Here's a pat on your back.

Steve

Default RV's and Stuff

Randy,
    I would venture to say that several of us have interests in the RV community. I have been a member of Doug's site for the last 6 years. I was very happy to see your efforts in the development of this site and support you all the way! Two years ago I was privledged to fly back to Oshkosh in a friends RV-6...they are the next best thing to a time machine I am currently building a Kitfox IV with several mods (see my build site link in that area of this forum).
    One thing I would like to see is more Kitfox builders doing a build site. The RV world has many helpful sites and I think I could count Kitfoxers build sites on one hand. It is a bit more work to do this, however, documentation of our builds are becomming more important ( re:the 51% rule). Documenting with photos helps out our community as builders have questions...the pictures do make up for thousands of words.
    Nice job w/ the site Randy and keep up the good work.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ
    KF-IV, 912s, TriGear, building

Jorge, Thanks for the great pics of the new factory Fox! Have fun with the build Glad to see you are doing a build site...I have been bad about keeping mine updated the last few months. Gotta get after it.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Kitfox build sites

Quote Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
    Randy,
    One thing I would like to see is more Kitfox builders doing a build site...
    Dan,
    Couldn't agree more! I will start a thread here soon with some instructions on using one of the free online photo album services to simply post digital pics with comments. Putting up a web site is more than many folks want to do, but online photo albums are relatively easy.

On the TeamKitfox main index page I have a "Kitfox project web sites or photo albums" section on the "Kitfox Resources" page which is linked on the "Reference" menu. I think it is buried and no one knows it is there. I'll do some menu rearranging and make it more obvious. In turn anyone with a site or online photo album please send me a link and I'll list it. I'll sort the list by Kitfox model, then last name alpha within each type. You are absolutely right, this is a tremendous resourse that the RV world discovered years ago.

Also, vBulletin, which is this forum software, has a Photo Album feature which any registered user can use and which I intend to make some noise about later.

Best,
    Randy Lervold