Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: KF @ Air Shows

Default KF @ Air Shows

Mentioned as a possibility on another thread that the McBeans may be getting ready for another show. Anyone know if they are? I looked on their website but nothing listed for the near future. Did not figure it was worth their time for me to bother them with a phone call or email so am asking here. Would hate to find out that I missed something close by. I still need to see a 5,6 or 7 in person to put the size difference from the 4 and earlier into perspective for myself. TIA
    Jon

Default Re: KF @ Air Shows

There are two of us with SS7's here in Oregon City, Fairways Airport (OG20) if you ever get over this way.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Copperstate is this next weekend (Oct. 28th & 29th) in Phoenix, AZ. They came last year, don't know if they're coming this year???

https://www.copperstate.org/

Clark, it would make perfect sense that it would be somewhere clear & warm.

Jim, I make every effort to stay East of the Cascades. That being said, Google seems to think I could make the drive to OG20 in about two hours as apposed to four and one half hours to the Homedale factory. Our local airport is 35S, Wasco State. Don't be surprised if you receive a PM from me checking to see if there is a day & time that is good for pestering you...
    Jon Ramos
    jonr(at symbol)mcgg.net

There is a Light Sport Aircraft show in Deland Fl. Nov3-5. I saw on the website that they have a booth reserved there. Not sure if that's the show you heard about or not. http://sportaviationvillage.com/kitf...showcase-2016/

I heard they will not be at Copperstate this year in order to attend the Florida show. Hopefully next year we'll see them here again for Copperstate.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Ramos, I've landed at Wasco State several times. PM me your phone number so next time I'm there I could call and see if you are around.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Jim, PM sent & thank you!

The nicest thing about Wasco State, other than the 'new' strip, is the name. Sounds pretty big for an airport with four aircraft calling it home base. Two of those are spray planes. One is a Moonie that may have left and the fourth one is the only one under cover and MAY just be a rumor!

Sure not complaining. The benefits of living in a County with fewer than two thousand people are numerous. The space and freedoms we are blessed with here are pretty much priceless!

Got your PM Jon. Not sure when I will make it there next, but we will make it work one of these days, either here or at Wasco.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Awesome! Sure wouldn't hurt me to get away for once. At least that is what my better half keeps saying.