Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Help required kitfox mk7

Default Help required kitfox mk7

Help please
    I am about to trial rig the wings on my Kitfox MK7 and I would like to make up a trestle to support the wing at the wing tip rib.
    Could someone measure the distance from the ground to the lower wing surface at the wing tip rib at the fwd spar and the rear spar.
    My aircraft has the grove gear with the standard wheels.
    Many Thanks
    Dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Help required kitfox mk7

Dave,

There is just too much variation in measurement of the wing tip height to be of value. Tire pressure, brand of tire, atmospheric pressure, weight of your airframe, completion stage of other aircraft being measured, weight of covering, builder variances, level building surface.. And the list goes on.

Just rig your wings like everyone else. Get some help to hold up the wings while you trial clamp them in place. It takes all of thirty minutes to get everything aligned and drill the holes in the spar.

Building a trestle just complicates a simple task.

John

Default Re: Help required kitfox mk7

I screwed two boards together in a "T" that I could clamp to a saw horse I had laying around. You need it to be adjustable to some extent anyway.
    Maxwell Duke

Kitfox S6 IO-240 Built it (Flying since 2003)
    Maule M7-235C Sold it (liked it though)
    RV-10 IO-540 Bought it
    Zenith CH-750 Built with 7 friends (DAR Vic Syracuse)

Talking Re: Help required kitfox mk7

Thanks for the reply's and John you are correct about the differences between airframes. I have rigged my aircraft and have drilled all the holes, I am wanting to produce a support for the wing when I assemble it (I didn't take the measurement when I did the rigging!) The reason is that I wont have anybody to help other than my wife so want a little help! That's why I want to make a trestle it doesn't need to be accurate but within an inch or so should be ok as I can "pack" any shortfall.
    Dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS