Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: battery removal?

Default battery removal?

I've spent more than a few minuets staring at the battery of my KF IV trying to figure out how to remove the darn thing. It's been setting for ten years and it deserves a decent recycle if I can only figure out what holds it in place. It has an aluminum band around it, but there is also a bolt head right in the front. It's very secure in its mount, as it should be, but it seems like there is more than a strap keeping it in place. Any help anyone?

Default Re: battery removal?

I wonder if the battery has swollen (i.e got very hot sitting in the aircraft in direct sunlight) etc...

Typically, It would sit in the battery box and the aluminum band really keeps the lid on the box and the box attached to the air frame. Well that is the case with our MK IV

Cheers
    Jono

Default Re: battery removal?

Ah, ok. That makes sense. The box itself is firmly attached to the firewall, but the top comes off. I'll check it out this week.
    Thanks,
    Jay