Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Horizontal strut closeout

Default Horizontal strut closeout

Did the SS kit come with a horizontal strut closeout? Not a big deal to make one, just wondering if i missed it. Cant find any mention in the manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Horizontal strut closeout

Hi Ken,

Don't know what the current models come with; however, our early modle S7 came with blank aluminum pieces to cut and shape for access covers. Might take a look at your inventory sheets and see if there is a listing for the parts.

Our assembly manuals may be different; however, the access covers are considered on pages 11 and 20 & 21 on my manual.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Default Re: Horizontal strut closeout

FWIW I glued in the aluminum reinforcing plate inside the fabric as directed in the manual. But when it came time to cut the fabric out of the opening, I only cut about half the strut opening. It doesn't take a very big opening to get at that bolt. I have then just left my smaller opening open with no closeout cover at all. Very simple. You can't close it out watertight anyway.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS