Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: My Kitfox Project

Default My Kitfox Project

Hello,
    It's time for me to rise from my lurker status and give all of you fine people an opportunity to critique my Kitfox Project.

If you are interested you may visit my website.

Go Here

I'm just getting started, so there's not much to see. If you're a little confused about my domain title it's because most of my site is used as a resource for my music students. Thus: TropicalTuba dot com.

All the very best,
    Tom

Default Re: My Kitfox Project

Nice site Tom! Good luck with your project.

I'm flying a 172A (1959) with the same O-300 Continental and just love those stuck valves you described on your website! I'm trying to convince the guy I own the plane with that a Kitfox would allow us to spend more of our money on gas and flying, rather than on reaming valve guides.

I look forward to watching your progress.

Rob
    RobS

Hi Tom, Glad to hear from you. Ive had my kit since Dec 08 and covering the wings now. There are some photos on my photo album if they can be of help. It's definitely a labor of love. Have fun....Ken Birchard

Very nice, Tom. My brother and I just started our build, too, though we did avail ourselves the luxury of the quickbuild wing. In addition, we spent 5 days in Idaho with John, and his very capable minions, Mark and Judd, learning some much needed skills and generally trying to make ourselves into Kitfox builders. A lot of prep was done before we got there, and having all that knowledge and equipment at our fingertips was huge. This jumpstart program easily saved us many months...highly recommended. After tossing all the pieces into a trailer, which will also be it's hanger at some point in the future, we drove home, set up shop, and got back to work.

For those with Facebook access, we have a fan site set up, "N517WD". There you will find pictures of the build and general commentary.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/N517WD/132606786269
    Last edited by Wiley; 10-14-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Leave it to a music teacher - an 'F#' fish mouth...(now I'm going to have to make an 'A' fish mouth to tune my guitar with.)

Nice site, Tom - good luck with your build. Just from the effort you're putting into jigs, it'll be a very nice completion.
    Mark & Renee Smith
    Boise, ID
    "Build It ..."

Uh oh...B-4 you know it we are going to have a Kitfox Marching Band, or should that be a flying band? What talents lurk behind some of our builders and flyers? Only the shadow knows. Very nice site Tom. Have fun with the build and welcome.
    Last edited by DanB; 10-15-2009 at 07:45 AM.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Thank you all for your encouraging remarks.

The best thing a guy that likes flying can have is a wife that likes flying.

Stuck valves… …I feel your pain. For the record, since the overhaul and the installation of new ECI cylinders I’ve not had any stuck valves. (Since I said that I’ll probably have one the next time I start the engine.)

Indeed the photos are a great help! Thanks!

And these also!

After 20 years in the Army I refuse to do any more marching.