Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: rotax 912 wiring

Default rotax 912 wiring

I am confused. wiring up a rotax 912 and on each ignition module I have 2 brown wires on each module. module A has a brown wire with a female connection and one with a male connection. same on module B. So which one gets connected to the mag switch? also off the coil I have a red wire and a green/redish color wire. They are not in a molex connection they are loose with male connection ends on them. Not sure what they go to either. can anyone help

Default Re: rotax 912 wiring

dalords,

Your best source of this information is the engine installation manual....these are available for specific Rotax Engines on their web site:

http://www.rotax-owner.com/support-t...engine-manuals

I am not sure how consistent the wiring ID color is over the years and between 912 engine versions - having the manual for your specific engine removes any doubt about that.

If you can turn up the original hard copy installation manual for your engine....that would be the best.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    St Paul, MN