Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Thinking about biting the bullet

Default Thinking about biting the bullet

Afternoon, new to the forum but not to Kitfox. I grew up on the outskirts of town and flew as a kid pretty regularly in a neighbors, and life long mentors Kitfox 2 right out of the front yard. The stuff childhood memories are made of. So, fast forward 25 years and find myself unable to shake the need to fly. I do not have a license of any sort but have an opportunity to by the Kitfox. A couple of questions for you experts. Can this aircraft qualify for a light sport certificate and what is that like if possible. What is the plane worth, I know that is a relative question. I know he swapped from the Rotax 2-stroke to a 4 cylinder, if my memory serves me right the motor was orange. I know he just got done putting wing tanks in it as he stated he needed to finish up some covering. The guy is a craftsmen and the quality of the build looks great to my limited knowledge but I do know he hasn't flown it regularly if at all over the last decade. I think he is thinking in the 20k range but the most I can find would be more in the 13-15k range. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My goal would be to get my Sport license and use the plane on those sunny days where golf simply won't do. I plan on going to look at it next week and just talk to him about it. I can get better details on the engine at that point. Thanks

Default Re: Thinking about biting the bullet

No need to change the registration. Yes you can fly it under Sport Pilot Rules as is.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder