Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 40 of 119 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

long story short about the rudder is that the guy I bought the plane from had recovered the wings and was recovering the rudder as well, about nine months later and he finally brought my rudder to the airport and he had made it the wrong shape. I put it on just to get the plane in the air and thought I would redo it when I wasn't flying the plane for a while .two years later I still haven't stopped flying it long enough to do it .and to be honest the shape kind of grew on me.. so much for the short story

Interesting rudder but it the paint scheme that catches my eye. I am planning yellow and black for my Model IV (just bones in the garage right now) If you get time I would like to see a complete album on your plane. I noticed you don't seem to have an album yet. Looks like a good candidate for KOM.
    Nice looking plane.

Yes a very nice paint scheme!
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

How does the rudder affect the flying characteristics? Any yaw stability improvement?
    Thanks,
    L

thanx guy ,I did put a lot of time in drawing the plane before paint .I don't know if the rudder changed anything or not ,my only time other than mine is in a ss7 and only a half hour .just figured out what KOM is ,only problem is that it is an avid, the bad boy cousin of the kitfox. its that uncle that buys you beer and and hits on your girlfriend . kidding aside I do have lots of photos of my plane if someone wants to see them .these are absolutely amazing planes and the places they take us are awe inspiring .

My thought is, it is all in the family. An album of your photos would be great and a short write up about the plane would surely make it as KOM or AOM what do you think DesertFox. In any case please post an album. Maybe we can call it a KitFox version .01
    Norm

Hello All.

I flew a mission for an environmental group called "The Bateleurs" today. www.bateleurs.co.za We surveyed invader tree species with a view to a biomass processing pilot project in my area. I used to do these Bateleurs flights with a Cessna 170 B that was once N2765D from Seattle. Sadly, I could not keep her because my farmer's income wasn't high enough. The kitfox was great today, and the Viz is superb.
    I will try to attach my flight report and pictures.
    A real privilege to do something constructive and love doing it!

Picture 1 - Black Wattle infestation up against indigenous Yellowwood forest in the foreground. Yellowwood is the habitat of the endangered Cape Parrot.
    Picture 2 and 3 shows the contrast between healthy ridges with grass cover and valley forest in the steep valley (3) and unhealthy invader species on the ridges in the 2nd picture. Both have Black and silver Wattle infestations in the river courses.
    Picture 4 is My baby in repose before the mission was flown.

reid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Little trip to Jasper in the Cherokee. Next time it'll be the Kitfox

Great Pics Josh! Beautiful country to fly over.

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Lovely pictures Josh.