Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Classic 4 wheel bolt pattern?

Default Kitfox Classic 4 wheel bolt pattern?

Does anyone know the wheel bolt pattern on a 96 Kitfox Classic 4?

Default Re: Kitfox Classic 4 wheel bolt pattern?

I just went out and measured mine. Its a 94 Classic 4. They are 8 inch diameter by 6 inch wide Douglas ATV wheels. 6 bolt holes on a 4 inch circle. They came as 3 hole and I drilled the other 3. Bolts are AN 5-11A.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Thank you so much. So it has a 6 lug hub? Whats The distance across the lugs, center of stud to center of stud. Thanks again. Tim

Tim

Curious what your plans are. Typically the bolt pattern is inconsequential as the wheel is removed for servicing by removing the axle nut and the wheel and bearings are slid off the axle.

As near as I can measure the distance between studs across the wheel is 4" as mentioned.

Lowell

Tim, the 6 hole Douglas wheels were stock. There were two upgrade kits available from Skystar. One was to Matco wheels and the other was to Cleveland wheels. I don't know if the hubs and bolt patterns are different for those or not.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Well, I know the early Kitfoxes used Douglas ATV wheels and tires and im interested in using the extended bush gear that Skystar sells now and installing bush tires. I see Cheng Shin makes a 25x12x9 that is fairly light and would work better than the 26" Goodyears that some people are using, plus they're tubeless. And waayyyyy cheaper than the airstreams.