Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: rudder horn attachment

Default rudder horn attachment

I have been looking at a lot of airplanes lately, and only Kitfox seems to use a bushing at the back end of the rudder cables, attached by two steel tabs to the rudder horns. Every other aircraft I have looked at uses a clevis attached directly to the cable, or a thimble on the cable end and then a clevis attaching to the rudder horn. Is there any particular reason why we shouldn't use a clevis like almost everyone else?

Default Re: rudder horn attachment

I am using a turnbuckle between the rudder horn and the cable, allowing adjustment of the cable tension. I will post the details if anyone is interested.
    Maurice
    S7A, 912S, 72"IVO, building

Default Re: rudder horn attachment

Is there any particular reason why we shouldn't use a clevis like almost everyone else?

No particular reason except the only advantage, as far as I can see is esthetics of the cable end fitting. The two tabs are designed to give a bit of rudder pedal adjustment. I know some that put the two tabs forward at the rudder pedal, again for looks.