Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protential Colorado builder

Default Re: Potential Colorado builder

The thing that I really did not like about the CTLS was that I could not really “feel” my roll inputs. It felt like I was pushing against springs or something in the aileron linkage. This was apparent post-flight on the ground as well. I recall thinking at the time, that a 172 or Cherokee felt nicer to fly.
    I have looked over the RV12 and acknowledge Vans aircrafts reputation for excellent flying characteristics, but I am not particularly comfortable with the fuel cell in the cockpit, and do not care for the limited baggage allowance.
    The Rans S-19 is of interest to me, but does not have the baggage capacity of the Kitfox. One question I have about Kitfox baggage: With a couple of FAA standard people and full fuel in a nominal Super Sport (LSA gross weight limits), can I expect to be able to actually load 150 lbs in baggage and still be within CG limits?

Default Re: Protential Colorado builder

It would be interesting to hear what others have to say about the Stewart System. I would venture to say that most of us here used the Poly Fiber System. Poly Fiber is very straight forward espcially if you will be using the Poly Tone paint, however, it does have an MEK base. I built my paint booth in the garage and ended up with unwanted fumes in the house more than once (even with venting). Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Stewart System? Most interested in how the paint jobs hold up over time.
    If we get enough reply I will move it to its own thread.
    Thanks
    Last edited by DanB; 10-25-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Protential Colorado builder

Posts regarding Stewart's covering/painting system have been moved to a new thread called Stewart Painting Systems.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear