Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Warp Drive protractor

Default Warp Drive protractor

Does anyone have a Warp Drive protractor I can borrow? I need to adjust my prop as I'm only getting 5,000 RPM on takeoff.

I'm in the Olympia,WA area and would be happy to pick up if within flying distance.

Thanks,

Default Re: Warp Drive protractor

I was told to set by WOT on straight and level flight should not over rev the motor.

Static on my warp, I only get maybe 5100, but will get 5800 on level flight (just as the airspeed gets to red line, too...)
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

For what its worth I found the pitch pretty easy to set using a digital level (if you have one of those available).
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Well, I finally got around to adjusting my prop. It was so far off I'm surprised the prop didn't fall off. One blade was 15 deg, one was 10 deg and one was 9 deg. I adjusted all three to 9 deg but got too much rpm so I went to 10 deg but that only gave 5200 rpm. 9.5 deg is the happy medium. The engine is noticeably smoother.

Scott