Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Vne?

Default Vne?

My Kitfox II has a very low VNE red line on the airspeed indicator. I'm a Luscombe guy and many of the things I typically do with my Luscombe without thinking about it in the Kitfox raise the airspeed way past VNE before I even have a chance to notice it! I've had it showing 120 MPH several times and am starting to wonder what a realistic VNE is. Were there flutter problems in the past with these?

Default Re: Vne?

Vne is 100... On the Model 1 through 3. That is realistic and was established by Denney AeroCraft.

Flying above Vne is not wise or safe. Relate to G loading. A standard catagory aircraft has a G load rating of 3.8+ and 1.52- sustained. However, the testing was to 6+ and 3- to allow for safety margins, gust loading.. etc.. Can you pull more than the 3.8+ G's... Many have safely.. but your safety margin closes quickly and any thing that was not planned can make for a very bad day.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Vne?

VNE is VNE. I stay well clear of it and positively hate doing the annual flight test. In bumpy conditions at anything over 90mph the ride is uncomfortable.

Stick at 65 with the door open and leave a bit sooner if you're in a rush