Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member Intro

Default Re: New member Intro

Dam spell checker...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Welcome KFfan! I just bought mine in June. I'm having a blast. Still amazed every time I fly with the STOL capabilities!

I am about to teach my son how to fly in my Kitfox.

Hey folks i'm new to the site and also the Kit Fox. I recently bought My grandfathers Kit Fox 5 (Rotax uls, tail drager) that he built back in 1996. As a kid i helped him build it in his garage years ago and now that he can no longer fly he offered to sell it to me. I hope to post pictures of it soon. I will try to figure out the forum and make my way trough

KFfan, & Jesse,

Remember a Good Landing is one you walk away from. I have had Many good landings that were awfully ugly, but I lived, and have learned. Remember there are landings, landings, and every now and then landing. I personal can not imagine trying to learning to fly starting in a TD. On my way back from Idaho after getting my plane converted to a tail Dragger, and getting 15 hours refresher in TD T/O & Landing? I did several (pat myself on my back) beautiful landings, one at Promosory Point, a gravel runway, one at Ogdan Utah, then I crossed the Rockies, I landed in Cortez Colorado, 17 MPH diect Cross wind, the god awfulest landing ever. is the best way to describe it. So be patient, have fun, and welcome to the group. Oh and good luck!
    Last edited by Paul Z; 10-29-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hey Lou; I sold the little John Deere Kitfox because of illness, I am now recovering from amputation of my left leg. I was so sick I sold it so my wife wouldn't have to deal with it. But now I am doing so well I almost wish I hadn't sold it. It flew very well. nicely balanced. 19 of the hours on it were actually due to the master being left on over night while getting it's conditional done by Murle Williams in Phoenix. So there is some leeway there. Good luck with the little plane, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the post Bob.
    I sent you a PM
    Lou
    KitFox II