Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Will trade enthusiasm and lunch for intro ride and talk

Default Will trade enthusiasm and lunch for intro ride and talk

I'm in suburban Phila, and would like to see and talk with a happy KF owner or two. If you're within striking distance, please get to me and I'll come to you or whatever for a little get-to-know-it ride before I pull the trigger (IV?) I'll buy. You'll have to do the piloting cause I have only 2 hours in my book. But you gotta dream. . . Thanks.

P.J. Redmond

Default Re: Will trade enthusiasm and lunch for intro ride and talk

I have a ss7 kit that I received a little while ago if your interested in seeing the bare bones

I'm incapacitated for the next two months, but I do know of a couple of guys not far from you that would give you a ride. One is in Smoketown east of Lancaster. He has a model 4 speedster . Pm me your number and I'll get you in touch.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

I pulled the trigger on a IV that had been put away for ten years. Based on the weight, dimensions, and horsepower of the KF IV I expect it to be very similar to my dad's Piper Vagabond of yesteryear. But I've never flown in a Kitfox, so I too would be willing to trade a flight for a nice meal.

So, if anyone near Indianapolis would like to go flying and then take your wife to a nice dinner downtown with my wife and I, shoot me a PM.
    Thanks,
    Jay

Hey Jay be ready for a way sportier ride than a vagabond.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

Quote Originally Posted by kitfoxnick View Post
    Hey Jay be ready for a way sportier ride than a vagabond.
    No, I think you may be surprised by a Vagabond It has the same dimensions, same horsepower, same full span ailerons but larger, and about the same empty weight as I recall. The Vag had the same wings as the clip wing Cub.

But, the prop does turn the other direction! Time to learn how to use the other leg on takeoff.

I hope I didn't offend, just suggesting that the Kitfox is a lot quicker on the controls then any short wing piper I've flown. Did your dad have a pa 15 or 17 vag?
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

None taken, and you're right, I haven't flown a Kitfox yet. He had a PA17 that I learned to fly in, and I had a PA15 project that I sold to buy my Kitfox IV. I also have lot's of time in his Clipper and Baby Great Lakes after he sold the Vag. That's why I'm dying to try my hand at flying one before I finish mine. Based on the numbers, I expect them to be very close in performance. And I'm serious in my offer. If anyone wants to spend an hour or so in the air along with a little hangar flying, my wife and I would love to take another couple to dinner downtown. A Ruth Chris steak anyone??? Or how about Weber Grill???
    Jay

My buddy Dave has had both and is currently still flying the Kitfox. He says they handle very comparable, with the Kitfox being faster on the top end.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos