Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wire runs

Default Wire runs

Reading the Aero-Electric Connection book right now. Regarding the folding wings - how did all y'all run lighting wires? Extra wire for the fold? Something like a cannon plug connector or mate-n-lock? just curious.

Default Re: Wire runs

I ran wires along the bottom inside of the fuselage against the sides up behind the seat to the rear spar connection then thru the wing to the tip( or in anyone elses case,.. desired location),..I did put connectors at the point where the spar meets the fuselage in case I ever had to completely remove the wing.

Default Re: Wire runs

Nathaniel , Extra wire for the fold. You could put cannon plugs there but just more failure points and oops if you forget to unplug during a wing fold.
    Most just leave a little extra wire there, maybe 3 inches or so and the wing will fold nicely without putting stress on the wires that run out to the wing tips via the inside of the rear spar. These can include strobe/nav lights, landing lights, pitot tubing along with camera cables in my Model 4.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear