Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oshkosh

Default Re: Oshkosh

For the last forty years pilots have been telling me about Oshkosh. The stories didn’t even begin to describe the event. I came home with 500 pictures, 30 pounds of literature, a new welding helmet, 25 pounds of hardware, great memories, sunburned calves, and a stowaway mouse hiding somewhere in the airplane.
    To all the OSH attendees I didn’t get to meet at the show we’re sorry we missed you. To those I did meet, It was great to put faces to names. Thanks to all that took time to hook up.
    This being my first OSH convention I was spread pretty thin. We had the Cardinal Flyers Org. to meet, Kitfox people, Corvair people; and Oh, yeah, the air shows, vendors, camping, museums, workshops, new aircraft displays and wow!!! There is just too much. Six days wore me out and it was not enough time to see it all. My feet are killing me.
    Flying the Cardinal to OSH was fast and fun. We had a great spot in the north forty near porta-potties, fresh water and showers. It was a short walk to the Quick Stop for ice. Next year I hope to attend with the Kitfox so I can park with the “real” pilots and homebuilders. Low and slow has to be a lot more fun.
    John Pitkin
    Greenville, TX

John,

I emailed Doug, the seller of the cowl, with my info. Thanks for the email about it. I hope to be getting my hands on it soon. I wish I had known you were going to Oshkosh. I was volunteering with the Warbirds most of the week. Glad you made it to Oshkosh. It sounds like you were glad to be there. Next year you will get to see even more, and you are now an Oshkosh veteran.

Dave

Zorro, I hope in the near future we can get a long lineup of Kitfoxes to Oshkosh. It used to be Vari Ezes that used to dominate with their rows of white tails in the air. We can work on rows of "Fox" tails in the air. Weather was great and so was the comraderie.

Thanks to all that stopped by my Fox in HBC. It was great to see the faces that go with the names. Living in the Minneapolis area, I have been to OSH many times but this was my first time flying the Fox in. Great experience.

I'll be arriving home from Oshkosh on Thursday (8/4/2011).

My feet are on the mend and I can walk without a limp. :-)

Like John said: you can't see it all in time you spend there.

But it is time I enjoyed.

I would like to find some remedy to avoid the aching feet though.

It was great to meet all the Kitfox pilots on Tuesday and spend some time together. Feels like friends even though we just met at the show.

Hope to see you and others in the future.