Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Getting close

Default Getting close

Today, I hung the wings for the final time, checked flaperon travel, wing alignment (again), mounted wing tips, ran tip lighting, check lighting, attached mass balances, etc,. Tomorrow I will connect the wing tanks to the header, run the engine off of the wing tanks, complete the pitot system plumbing, etc., and possibly do the weight and balance. Pitot/static is scheduled for Wednesday, and the FAA signoff soon after that (hopefully). First flight is getting close.
    Bruce Estes
    Classic IV
    Rotax 912S
    IVO ifa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Getting close

Looks great Bruce. Hope you're in the air very soon. It will fly just fine. Have fun.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

3 day weekends are great. I've completed the weight and balance, completed the fuel lines from the wing tanks, checked flaperon rigging, etc., etc., etc. Today I ran the engine (again) and TAXIED THE KITFOX for the first time. Brakes and steering are good. Way to much fun and getting real close. Pitot check is scheduled for Wednesday. I've got a few more things to complete, then I will schedule the Airworthyness Inspect. I'm real close.

Bruce Estes

looks great! steady as she goes, don't miss anything in the exitement
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Yesterday I received my Airworthiness Cert. Everything is now legal and good to go. First flights are not allowed at my home airport so I've got to trailer my Kitfox to Livermore. Because of my business schedule (very busy) and an out of town vacation, first flight might not be for a couple of weeks, but I'm close. YAHOO.
    Bruce Estes
    KF4-1200
    912ULS
    IVO ifa