Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closer Now than We've Ever Been Before

Default Re: Closer Now than We've Ever Been Before

Hello Hoop
    If you are successful with the Vixen deal and don't want the Westac gauges and senders kindly let me know. Mine is mid 90s (first flight 1999) and I would like spares. Guess I m old school and like the round stuff.
    My Vixen was completed by original,kit builder and had only 100 hours when I bought in 1999. Got lucky. They are GREAT aircraft. With the 80 hp maybe not as peppy as a 4 with S but still pretty nice. I average about 16 litres hour on non ethena mogas. Over 740 hours now.with lots of over the mountain trips up to 1150 at times.
    If you get your head around the price,Go for It.
    Don
    l

Default Re: Closer Now than We've Ever Been Before

Don,
    Thanks for your post. If I decide and the deal goes through I'll keep your request in mind. Glad you wrote it here so I'd be able to find it later 😊
    I learned how to fly on steam gauges and am respectful of their technology I'm just easily swooned by the clean glass and digital precision of the new technologies.
    Thanks too for letting me know your Vixen Series 5 experience and that you don't need a turbo to go 1150 over mountains.
    Regards
    Hoop