Thought I would do a quick review of the Remote Oil Pressure kit that you can get from Kitfox Aircraft. It allows you to move the oil pressure sender off of the Rotax 912 and back to the firewall to get extended longevity by reducing the vibrations that it gets from the engine.

The kit is very complete with all nuts, washers, screws, clamps, wire, hose, fittings etc. Couldn't ask for an easier setup. Here's a few pictures to give you a sense of it.

I also installed a new pressure sender to make sure as mine was a bit flakey at this point. The new ones are much cheaper as they don't com from Rotax, however they are both made by VDO and look to be the same part. The only thing I did was to move the brass ring over to the new one. Not sure what it's function really is, but it looks nice! You take a bit of heat with a propane torch to the ring and it releases the glue from the old one. Then just use some RTV to attach it to the new one.

So there you have it. If you too need something like this, give John a call at the factory and he can hook you up!