Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 Coolant Pipe??

Default 912 Coolant Pipe??

Changing hoses on Rotax 912 and the pipe connected to coolant reservoir via a rubber section then runs vertically down along side motor mount and carb. My last Model 7 had the same issue where the pipe rubs motor mount due to clearance. I have an idea to resolve but curious as if anyone else had the same problem? Any ideas?

Default Re: 912 Coolant Pipe??

mcomeaux53

I see you have not gotten any responses on this query yet....thought I'd give it a try.

Also have an S7 but have not had this happen.

I think the key to getting it right is tweaking the hose length in relation to the position of the pipe. I recall when I first installed this part - I held the pipe in place where it would not interfere without the hoses and then figured how much hose I needed - did the top end first - rechecked - then did the lower end hose next - some minor moving of the hose in and out on the pipes along with twisting the hose on the fittings resulted in the pipe going where I wanted it to - I think it is important to line up the parts so they don't need any kind of securement. Also - the heater "T" can have an effect on the location the pipe ends up - tweaking the length of the small heater hose does cause the pipe you are asking about to end up in a different position.

Probably as much art as science but I don't think this should end up being a problem. Just takes some time and maybe an extra chunk of hose.

Good luck
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Default Re: 912 Coolant Pipe??

Thanks for your response. I'm waiting on some supplies then I'll attempt to wrangle this into position. My last aircraft I found a preformed rubber hose that worked perfectly but with different drip trays on this one the fit is tight. Again thanks for your response...