Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viking Fox takes to the sky

Default Re: Viking Fox takes to the sky

My SS7 definitely has an aft CG tendency. I have the speedster tail with all those ribs and fairings as well as the Alaskan Bushwheel heavy duty tailwheel, which all adds a lot of weight aft. If I were installing AP servos they would go as far forward as possible.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks Jim. If I didn't have the under seat storage I would put one right at the tubes below your thighs but it looks like I will place them imediately below the forward end of the baggage floor. Have the first mounted right behind the pilot seat.
    Eddie

I agree to keep your A/P as far forward as you can, the whole time I was doing firewall forward I was worried about being to heavy and having to move my batteries to the back, as it turns out that was not a problem.

As far as build time goes I had too many other things going on in the shop at the same time so found it impossible to keep track.

If it would help mount the servos under the seat, I personally wouldn't hesitate to eliminate one of the under-seat storages. The way they taper to nothing in the rear makes them pretty much useless to store anything but a few small or flat items. One would be enough to store the frequently used small items such as fuel tester, tire gauge, flashlight, a few small tools, etc.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks Jim. I may do just that. It would be so nice to place it right aft of the pilots control. Just need to make sure the cable connection will clear the bottom fabric.
    Eddie