Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 82 of 119 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Finally a good weather weekend to do a backcountry camping trip to Cavanaugh Bay in Northern Idaho.
    20170526_173211_resized.jpg
    Day 1 we did an evening fly out to Sullivan Lake in Washington.
    20170526_184239_resized.jpg
    Evening flight back to Cavanaugh was incredible!
    20170527_104335_resized.jpg
    Day 2 we flew to Sandpoint, Idaho for breakfast then on to Magee airstrip to meet up with another Kitfox(Jeff). On the way back we stopped into Jeffs for some Ice Tea.
    20170527_143054_resized.jpg
    Flying back across Lake Pend Oreille.
    20170527_152728_resized.jpg
    flew up to Bonner County for fuel then to a Eckhart on the US Canadian boarder. A quick hope West over the mountains to Priest lake and Cavanaugh Bay.

Super first camping trip of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFox View Post

Super first camping trip of 2017.
    Thanks for the photos. Our flight of 6 in the early 2000s would stop at most of the places you picture as we flew our annual Idaho Back Country trip. Your photos bring back numerous great memories. Examples, the Hops growing alongside the strip at Echhart, the beautiful strip and view at Cavanaugh Bay and looking for the research submarines at Lake Pend Oreille. Truly a great part of the world
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Great pics Scott.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Hey Scott! Great pics and what beautiful green grass strips you guys have to land on! I was really impressed by how well they maintain a lot of those strips. I guess we just don't have the population here to make such support viable.

I was thinking you have been flying that machine about three years now Scott?? I reckon you would have nearly 500 hours on it by now!?

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default A 2 Day trip to a 20,000hs station.

We had a beautiful big slow moving high pressure system that just sat over us for days - couldn't resist such great flying weather - In Oz we are just into the start of winter so we had sub zero mornings and beautiful days. We decided to fly up to Coorynia Station Near Griffith, a couple of hours flight. they have marino sheep, and grow cotton and other crops. They have accommodation there and the owner has a C172 so welcomes guests. They also have a new accommodation block on the runway that can sleep about 12 people with great facilities - fully equiped kitchen, wonderful in door lounge, outdoor undercover seating and a large campfire area. Throughly recommended for you guys in OZ.

What follows is a photo essay of our 2 days that might be a bit out of order but should give you a bit of photo essay of our wonderful 2 day fly away.

We also called in to Moama today to visit with Dave (David47) and see his KF7 project - he is making great progress and doing a very neat and
    thorough job. Good to see you again Dave.

Cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

Ross, Just passed 650 hours in a little over three years now. We also had a nice high pressure over us. Sure makes for good flying! I enjoyed your essay Ross. thanks for sharing your adventure.

Jim, You missed out on a good trip. Hope you can join us on the next one!

Lowell, Hope to catch up to you in the backcountry someday to admire your fine craftsmanship.

Scott

Wow Scott! 650hrs!! that is really using the plane for what it was made to do! I think I saw that orange KF there along with you again!? Guess Doug has done a lot of those 650 hrs with you! You're an inspiration Scotty!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

You guys inspire me! The orange bird was indeed out for over 2 weeks on a plane camping adventure. We flew all over Oregon, Washington, and wound up in Idaho with Airfox and friends. Off to a Fly-in at Lake Chelan, WA today......

Airfox, I've never been to Idaho, but you're making me wanna visit. Those shots are beautiful, especially the first one with the 2 kitfoxs and the mountains and lake in the background. I can almost smell the crisp, fresh air...

Default Nice fog in the valley this morning

Beautiful start to winter flying here in Victoria. Some of the nicest flying!
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ