Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 35 of 119 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Another video taken right after Wayside breakfast on way back to airpark.
    You'll see Alamo Lake slide under. West bound toward Johnson Ranch then south towards Gen. Patton's tank training camp. Some low level included. video- Wayside to Indian Hills.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

That looks like fun flying Steve! Doing that low-level ziggin' & zaggin', I think I'd get lost pretty easily without GPS! I guess when you gained a little altitude you could figure out where you were goin' a little easier.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thanks for the relaxing flights following a less than stellar work day...
    Lou
    KitFox II

Another video from last weeks flying. Out to Los Amigos for breakfast with the guys. The dirt strip was put in a little while ago on request from the local pilots so we could drop in for breakfast easier. Wires on both ends. Short flight from Indian Hills.
    http://youtu.be/Hkg0sgZo9J0

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hi DesertFox4
    I plan or RVing down your way in the next week or so and would like to stop in for in visit. I have got held up here this year with business (I guess we all need that in order to feed our habit) I had planned on trailering FOXK in my new "covered wagon" starting out in October or November but seeing it is getting late in the season I plan on scouting out a few spots for next year.
    Would it be OK to stop in and if so, how do I find your hanger in Indian Hills?
    My contact is don@hudgeon.com
    Cheers
    Don Vixen C-FOXK

Don- my Kitfox is at DVT (Deer Valley Airport) in N. Phoenix. My brother lives out at Indian Hills. I may be out there alot through the end of Feb. on weekends.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks. Will try and meet up.
    don

Spent 3 days at Indian Hills again with my brother and his friend from Minnesota. Not all flying all the time out there. We enjoy an off road expedition too with quads, gators and "Razors". Picnic on Blue Spool lookout for instance. Great trails out there. Enough to ride months and not cover the same twice. Great scenery and fun company. The folks at "Indian" are always on the go. Friday evening we went out for all you can eat fish fry and after, Kareoke at a local establishment. That place was packed. Here are a couple photos of the trail ride Sat. afternoon.
    IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

Saturday morning it was a fly-out about 20 miles straight South of Indian Hills to Vinegroon Camp. It is South of I-10 about 6 miles in the middle of , well, nowhere. Very quiet, beautiful, maybe desolate but spectacular. We landed on the desert floor, taxied up to the "camp ground" ( two tables and a fire pit).

Nine aircraft of varied makes and models dropped in for a pot-luck breakfast and coffee with a warming fire, all to watch the sun rise over the ridge to the East. Beautiful place. Wish the photos could capture the warmth of the sun driving everyone out of their jackets soon after coffee and donuts were done.

After coffee and breakfast, I took the opportunity to get some tail-wheel time in my brother's Rans S7 with the 100 hp. Rotax. My first time in a Rans of any type. Solo it climbs comparative to my model 4. It is about 12mph slower in cruise and lands at the same speeds as my 4. It was considerably slower in roll authority and heavy feeling on the ailerons. Overall a nice flying airplane. My brother will have lots of fun in the desert with it.
    IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg

Sunday afternoon we (five aircraft) headed up to Bouse, AZ. It's about 25 miles N.W. of Indian Hills airpark. Just a little dirt strip on the east edge of Bouse. Their annual pot-luck fly in, country music dance get together was in full swing. Maybe 100 plus folks eating, dancing and visiting. The food was great, the music pretty good. Found a couple of Kitfox's on the field. A model 4 that Desertfox1 may recognize and a Model 5 with it's own rolling hangar.
    IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

DF4,
    Great photos and write up. Thanks for sharing. It's a good thing to get dirt on airplane tires! Now, about that Kareoke and dancing. Do you have the photos for those?????
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

A Great Big Thank You to DesertFox4. This flight deprived Canadian boy got to experience KitFox hospitality US style. Steve took me for a "where I fly special".
    Steve is a great pilot, and I don't just mean the yank and bank capability. DF4 flys from a busy little airport, Deer Valley in North Phoenix. Two runways keeps you on your toes and Steve's command of procedures, radio work, GPS, collision avoidance features, and overall piloting skills are well honed. You can tell he is well respected by the tower through the communication between the two.
    Thanks again for the tour of some of your favorite flying spots.
    As for the plane,,,,,,,, Wow. My Model IV is in my garage waiting for my return and almost ready to cover. Steve's Model IV has the wide body mod that I have added to mine, a great big baggage area, a nice panel with an Engine Monitoring System but the best part of Steve's ride is probably the 100HP Rotax. The plane easily reaches speeds of 130mph and just motors along at better than 100mph at 4800rpm sipping very little fuel. Makes me excited about getting my Model IV airborne. This is some of the scenery along the way.
    Thanks again
    Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images