Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cargo bag

Default Re: cargo bag

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    Thanks John and Paul, I like both of your solutions. I think I will try Paul's simple and easy method first, then later install John's "ledges". John, are those ledges aluminum angles, or just strips? Hysoled on.
    I bent up some thin angles for under the windows, and Hysoled those. They are similar in thickness to the window frame material. The side pieces over the baggage opening are thicker flat strips, attached with non-cushioned Adel clamps and a little Hysol.

Paul Z - I wanted something where I would be able to “zip & un-zip” the Velcro without having to mess around, particularly to access my ELT. I wanted it to look clean also. I’ve seen too many that look messy to me, with the velcro peeling up here and there, even with zip ties
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: cargo bag

Once I zip tied my Velcro strips I no longer had problems with them coming up. When I was getting my plane ready to sell, they were still working well. I would imagine if you zip tied them at each end when first installed you would never have them come loose.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas