Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australia Day Flight

Default Re: Australia Day Flight

This summer weather is just so consistently magnificent I cant resist an early morning flight - a great way to start the day!

Local around Mt Beauty.

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: Australia Day Flight

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Man, how unfortunate. Kit completion lead time and then shipping that takes that long? March 8 won't come soon enough but I still remember that awesome morning on March 12 2016!
    Welcome aboard.
    Eddie
    Yep Eddie, very unfortunate. But there's more to the story. Kitfox finished the kit around the end of November which was bang on 3 months from the order. So they fulfilled their part magnificently. Then we had to wait 3 more weeks for the engine to arrive ....grrrr. Debra McBean was great, she stored the kit for 3 weeks and it finally shipped from the factory on or around Dec 20. Then Christmas happened. A further month and then finally the ship sails Jan 19. So by the time it arrives it will have been over 6 months from placement of order. I've worn a hole in the carpet from pacing .... and I've been reading your thread for some time now. Very interesting and thanks for the posts. You're well on the way and doing a great job. Keep it up.

Ross, thanks for the link. I'll get on it and see where the ship is.... feel like rowing out and dragging it into Mel myself right now ...

I've just finished the build area in my shed, painted floor and all. The build area is about 20ft x 30 ft and I'll be using a double garage as the paint shop. I've looked at building both a wing and fuselage rotisserie ..... and yep, been looking at some of the designs on the site. Wealth of info available. The guys on this site are very friendly, helpful and supportive. Very glad I chose this kit.

... oh, and I like the additional photos, particularly the cheesy grin ....Thanks for that !!!
    Last edited by David47; 01-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    David
    SS7 Builder