Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings All

Default Greetings All

Greetings all, new to the forum and just starting to explore the Kitfox world. I am a professional pilot who began his career flying Beavers and Otters on floats 30yrs ago or so. I am flying jets now for a Regional Airline here in Canada and I am looking to get my first airplane. I live about 3hrs north of Toronto on a lake. Since I started out with floats, yes my aiplane must have floats. I have looked at many certified aircraft but everything is way out of my price range. I am thinking a Kitfox IV on straight floats or maybe even amphibious is the way to go. I have seen some beautiful Kitfox 7's on floats but again, out of this Guys price range. I need something that the wife and I can climb in with an overnight kit and go visits friends and family about 200nm away. Anyways here I am. Looking to share info and meet some new people here. Cheers

Default Re: Greetings All

Welcome Aboard JetPilot. You will enjoy lots of resources here Im sure.
    Eddie

Welcome. There's a couple real knowledgeable float flyers here.

I'm sure they (Av8rPS) will pipe in soon...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Welcome. I’m originally from Ontario and if I still lived there, my bird would have floats.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Can you guys suggest any sources for purchasing a completed flying kitfox. I have been using Barnstormers primarily and performing google searches but seem to come across the same few aircraft every time. Do you know of any other Kitfox forms that might have more aircraft for sale?
    Thanks

It's just that these airplanes are just so cool we don't sell them often. Of course I am not even finished with mine but I understand why you aren't finding more Kitfox's. Wish I could offer up something to help you out. Build?
    Eddie

This is the primary KITFOX forum on the net.

There are a couple others that have some Kitfox content mixed with Avid, Highlander and other family members. But, when looking for a flying plane this forum and Barnstormers are your best resources on the net. You can try contacting the Kitfox factory They may have some insight on a few planes, not actively on the open market, which may be available.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) Kitfoxes are a very sought after airplane design. Good ones don't last on the open market for very long. You need to know what you want and if you see one, jump on it. If you don't someone else will...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

You have to just keep looking. Took my friend almost two years to find the one he wanted. It seem like more pop up for sale in the spring...
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot350 View Post
    Can you guys suggest any sources for purchasing a completed flying kitfox. I have been using Barnstormers primarily and performing google searches but seem to come across the same few aircraft every time. Do you know of any other Kitfox forms that might have more aircraft for sale?
    Thanks
    Jason,

There is a pretty nice Vixen on Trade-a-plane right now:https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search...-type=aircraft

Good luck with your search,
    Greg

I know a IV 1200 powered by 80 HP 912 that will be for sale late next year when the 40 hrs are flown off. Should have close to 200 hrs on the engine then. Basic steam gauge panel w/ comm and transponder. Intended as a basic taildragger trainer in the sport category. Trouble is it's not finished yet and in my shop. Probably my last project.
    Bud
    IV Speedster
    912 UL
    IVO ground adjustable