Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Corvair in a Kitfox

Default Re: Corvair in a Kitfox

It's on my Albums and pictures. Last group I believe

Do you have your album under a different name? I couldn't find it. Maybe you could just put a picture in your post, then everyone could see it easily. JImChuk

Hi Jim
    I`m not sure how to do that but my user name is "kitfox2009" and the albums show up on the right hand side of the page.
    There are quite a few pics of my first open trailer (since sold and converted to a motorcycle hauler) and also my latest "Covered Wagon" Kitfox hauler.
    I moved all the a/c stuff like the electric winch, tie downs, saddle, etc over to the new covered trailer. I haven`t made a lot of trips yet with the covered unit because I am now sharing a hanger with a RV9A friend.

This saddle also would also come in handy for supporting a tail wheel a/c in the hanger when doing maintenance or moving with wings folded. I made up a single caster wheel support that attaches to the saddle.
    Hope you are able to view these as I am kind of proud of the whole idea.
    Cheers
    Don

Well I just looked again, and I don't see a Kitfox2009 in the photo albums. What model Kitfox do you have? Did you use a different name in the photo album? It seems like your saddle idea is a good idea, and others could benefit perhaps by seeing it. JImChuk
    PS just looked at you public profile, and found some pics there. This one kind of shows the saddle. Hope you don't mind my linking to it
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/alb...pictureid=5110
    close up pic http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/alb...pictureid=2269
    Last edited by avidflyer; 11-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Smile Re: Corvair in a Kitfox

Hi Jim
    OK you got it. There are a number of other pics in that group showing the entire slide system. Also I noticed the "tail stand with castor" is shown in one of interior covered wagon pics.
    This took a while, didn`t it?
    Hope this gives at least another idea to work on. That`s the great thing about this forum, Lots of ideas!!!
    Take care
    Don

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/pic...pictureid=6101

Hope this works Never tried that before!!

Smile Re: Corvair in a Kitfox

Cool.
    Learn something daily!!

Ok guys back on topic. I have some progress on the meat and potatoes part of this thread. Joe installed the baffling a few days ago and some more progress tonight. This baffling was built by Jim weseman out in Florida for the kitfox. This is the first time it will be used. He normally builds the baffling and cowls for the Zenith 601 and other corvair sheet metal. He used a mockup and a donor cowl for the fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtcicon; 12-22-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Next was the oil cooler install. This is built into the baffle kit and is designed for the Niagra 200 cooler. To help with orientation the motor is on its nose and the rear of the engine is up.

Next is the installation of the motor. From the best I can tell the motor fits without a prop extension. This may not be true in the case of the later model kitfoxes. I understand the nose is longer there so this may require a 4" extension. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can take over and correct me on that part.