Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New fuel burner

Default New fuel burner

:Yamaha 998 geniuses runs maybe to good rated at 120 hp I live at 6000 so I was counting on a big hp loss at ground level but this motor on my kitfox lll is no joke!! Still working on it but she sure runs strong.

Default Re: New fuel burner

Tell us more. And pictures, lots of pictures. :-) JImChuk

Power to weight Yamaha may have it hands down.not sure what some of the heavy motors really run like but I've been around the 912 and it sure doesn't make power like this! And for only about 5 gs

I have read several threads on this engine. Seems to have gotten it's start on Trikes if I remember correctly. I even went as far as buying a Yamaha RX1 snowmobile to get the engine. I found a sled with only 971 miles on it. After taking it for a short ride up and down my airstrip, all I can say is WOW!! The engine has a wide power band and is a beast! There are a couple of different places developing re-drives and possibly mounting systems. The only down side I have heard is noise from the high revving engine.

I hope the only downside is the nose I'm all ready redoing the muffler. The rx1 has the 4 cylinder. my motor is out of the Yamaha vector its three cylinder and I put Todd Reicks set up on my model lll the prop hub is centered witch puts the top of the motor about an inch hight out of the cowling this mod seems well worth doing if you need some real HP and don't want to be a heavy dog or need to save some $ this seems hard to beet.

We still want pictures! At least I do. :-) JImChuk

Sorry pics will take some learning on my end May be soon.

Got some pics up it was fun getting it out make some noise how you doing?