Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for a Kitfox CFI near Raleigh, NC

Default Looking for a Kitfox CFI near Raleigh, NC

Hi All,
    I just recently bought a Kitfox Model IV Speedster and am looking for a CFI to work with me on it. I have about 140 total hours in Cessna's and Pipers (complex and not), but I've got 0 TW time. So ideally i'd like an instructor that is familiar with Kitfox's. I've done quite a bit of research on this aircraft from reading the forums, watching videos on Kitfox flying as well as TW instruction, and reading the "How to fly a Kitfox" book that came with the plane (very good book btw!). So i think i know what i'm up against. This thing ain't no Cessna. LOL. If you know of an instructor in the Raleigh, NC area that has Kitfox time, please let me know. Keep in mind that i can't fly the plane to someone since i'm not TW endorsed. They have to come to me. Insurance requires 10 hours dual in MY plane before i can solo, and 15 hours solo before I can carry passengers.

That being said, if you have some ideas for alternative solutions for my predicament, please let me know. I'm definitely looking for advice. Thanks!

Brian

Default Re: Looking for a Kitfox CFI near Raleigh, NC

Hey Brian. I'm close by and I think I can help. Sent you a private message. James Thomas