Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fly in camping

Default Fly in camping

I've decided to start a new thread about this because of the interest that has been shown. I am offering to pick anyone up that flies to our local municipal airport u34, bring you back to my campground where I have tents available and loan my trunk for sight seeing. Arches National Park, Canyon Lands National Park, Goblin Valley start Park and many more places with pictographs/petroglyphs are within 45 minutes to 60 minutes from here.

I believe Utah has more offer than you can see in a life time.

I hope posting this is not against forum rules, however if it is I will understand and removing it is ok.

I would also like to see a sticky with info on other fly in campgrounds and back country strips or Kitfox friendly places (sand bars, fishing creeks, streams or just grassy meadow that is cool to fly to for a $100 pic-nick.

My direct info is:
    Steve Reynolds
    702-351-9973
    mrsteve1953@att.net

This the best way to get info without talking to someone that doesn't speak aviation and might not know what you are talking about.

My campground is:

iCamp Green River

iCampgreenriver.com
    435-564-8372
    But as I wrote direct to me is the easiest way.

We are 5 miles from u34 and 100LL is available self serve.
    The airport is unattended but is paved and when I drive out there to dream I have not seen any sign of tampering, our population is officially 900 except for the world renown Mellon Days Festival in mid September this year, then the town population goes up to over 2,000. Those festivities are within walking distance and we have many tent sites available.
    Thank you to everyone that has showed an interest in coming to my new to us fly-in (sort of) campground.
    Steve
    formerly known as N896TR

Default Re: Fly in camping

Thank You Steve.
    imagine that, just looked at your site. It just so happens I and my family will be passing by the campground enroute to Moab for a white water rafting trip mid to late July. Possibly I can pitch a tent, after all we will be camping for the next four nights on the river anyhow.
    Last edited by efwd; 05-18-2018 at 11:28 AM.

The trip and destination report sections of this forum don't see a whole lot of activity. It would be kind of neat to have a sticky thread over there where we compile a list of destinations worth visiting in a Kitfox, including invitations such as this one. Sometimes people just need an excuse to go somewhere.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Eddie, you need to plan at the very least 2 extra days before or after the river trip to see some of the beauty this part of the state has to offer. If you are driving up here once you leave Interstate 15 and start up Interstate 70 the scenery and geology is amazing and you will want to see more. We have had people stop here after seeing the grand canyon and then Canyon Lands National park and tell us the wished they hadn't wasted the time at the Grand Canyon. Too crowded and expensive. Get the National Parks annual pas on line for more savings, it's worth it.