Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whirl Wind 70" versus 75"

Default Re: Whirl Wind 70" versus 75"

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying that new prop. I think that extra pull that gives you better acceleration is probably better than going faster, and is more fun especially since you like the back country flying so much.

Oh, and for the record, I think you would probably find that Supercub boring compared to your super high performing 100 hp Model 4. My buddy just passed on an even up trade for a Smith 180 hp Supercub for his Highlander. He was pretty excited about the deal until he flew it. He said it flew at essentially the same cruise speeds or less, carried the same weight or less, but burned twice or more as much fuel, and it had nowhere to put anything. And his wife said she didn't like sitting behind him when traveling (same thing my wife says).

But I wasn't surprised as I fly my Kitfox amphib regularly with some friends that fly Supercub and Husky amphibs, and while I really like their airplanes, for the money they have invested, I like my Kitfox more. It does most everything theirs do for a lot, lot less money. And I do that on only 80 hp. Imagine if I Zippered mine and had a 35% increase in power. They might not be able to keep up with me at all then.
    Last edited by av8rps; 01-09-2017 at 01:48 PM.