Been trying to set my Series 5 (newer style actuator) stabilizer actuator travel (first time) and not having any luck using the directions in Chapter X, "Rigging of Flight Controls", page 40-41, steps 33-34. Also, I have read and attempted the different threads on this forum concerning same, which are basically, the steps in the manual.

The longest actuator length, fully extended (aircraft nose down), with the rod end and jamb nut screwed completely into the actuator; the horizontal stab tube and the fuselage tube hit (binding the actuator). If I take the jamb nut off and screw the rod end all the way into the actuator, then there is about 1/4" of clearance between the tubes. This has been the only way that I have been able to have any clearance without binding the actuator. There is no way I will be able to get the 7/16" clearance.

There is no way to adjust the stroke of the actuator, despite what the manual says. The manual states, "As the shaft is rotated, stroke of the actuator will be shortened if the rotation is clockwise". That does not work with the actuator I have. I have not be able to replicate this. Disconnecting the links and the rod end from the stab, rotating the actuator shaft "clockwise" until the correct distance between the tubes is correct, then reconnecting everything....once the actuator is run full travel down and back up, it is once again tube-to-tube contact.

I have tried numerous combinations of things. None work. The actuator shaft stroke is what it is, there is no way to shorten it. The only adjustment is the rod end. Which leaves me in a bind....