Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSC to IVO on 582 2.62

Default GSC to IVO on 582 2.62

I will soon be ordering an IVO to replace my 68" 3 blade GSC. 582, C box, 2.62 Kitfox III.

Ivo is suggesting a 68" 3 blade ultralight. I have heard (somewhere) that maybe a 70" 3 blade Ivo UL is better in this application.

Anyone have experience in this arena?

With regard to CG concerns, anyone know what this GSC weighs in at? I see the IVO is listed at ~ 8 lbs. Guessing the GSC might be much more?

Larry

Default Re: GSC to IVO on 582 2.62

Have you thought about going 3:1 with 70-72" IVO MED. GA and RK-400 clutch ?

You can get the 70 inch, try it, and cut it down on your own. IVO even has instructions on how to do it with a fine hacksaw blade.

In the for what its worth department. GSC (with all hardware) weighed in at exactly 10.0 lbs this morning. Thats a 68" 3 blade.

68 inch 3 blade IVO came in at 8.9 lbs.

Considerable improvement in climb performance and smoothness at lower RPM. Smooth at all RPMs above 2500 actually.

Very impressed with the performance. With zero adjustment was getting 6100 static (which is what I was shoot for).

If I need to make adjustments down the road, is it clockwise on the threaded rod to increase pitch and vice versa?

Also, anyone know how many RPM change you get per turn (or 1/4 turn)?

I have almost the same setup in my IV. The wood prop has to go! It was way beyond TBO. I'm still trying to decide what to buy. I love the idea of the IVO single screw adjustment for all three blades. But I've heard the Warp Drive is a good prop for less money. I'm still undecided. Are there any other good props I should be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by LSaupe View Post
    In the for what its worth department. GSC (with all hardware) weighed in at exactly 10.0 lbs this morning. Thats a 68" 3 blade.

68 inch 3 blade IVO came in at 8.9 lbs.

Considerable improvement in climb performance and smoothness at lower RPM. Smooth at all RPMs above 2500 actually.

Very impressed with the performance. With zero adjustment was getting 6100 static (which is what I was shoot for).

If I need to make adjustments down the road, is it clockwise on the threaded rod to increase pitch and vice versa?

Also, anyone know how many RPM change you get per turn (or 1/4 turn)?
    Clockwise for more Pitch. I think 200 rpm per turn but might be 100. Can't remember for sure.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Take a look at Powerfin as well.

I had a prop post in the general discussion area and one reply said that the three blade IVO was not a good prop with the 3:1 gearbox. Harmonics were the issue. Has anyone else heard this?

Call IVO, that's what they will tell you. 3:1 C they say 70-72" 2-Blade medium.

I like my 72" so far. Along with the RK-400 clutch it seems like a good set-up. Easy to dial in max static rpms (I have it set to 6,200-6,300). Plane leaps off the ground and cruises around 75.
    Attached Images Attached Images