Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Esser's Build

Default Re: Esser's Build

Great progress Josh, Looks fantastic!
    I've got a bit of catching up to do...
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgaero View Post
    Great progress Josh, Looks fantastic!
    I've got a bit of catching up to do...
    Hey Ben, thanks. It’s easy to get motivated to work when you see things lighting up. I’m sure when you get to this point things will go quick for you!

Eddie, I recommend buying a power supply when you get to this stage. The one I bought on amazon was 25 bucks and goes up to 30A. Letour brand. Ether than draining your batt
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Not quite up to this point yet myself, but I can imagine the excitement when electrical stuff does what its supposed too !. Congrats on the great progress and looks like you'll be airborne this summer (your hemisphere).
    David
    SS7 Builder

Looks really sharp Josh. Seeing those screens must give you a glimpse of the finish line. Can't wait to see it fly.

Just an update since I haven't posted in a while.

I was hoping to have it flying by now but such is life. The only thing I have left FWF is modding my cowl to provide air to the intercooler. I also have some minor fuel line adjustments and then I'm ready to fire up the engine.

FWF back: Waiting on my transponder harness and still need to install my 406 ELT. I also need to install my antenna cabling. I need to permanently install my rear windows and make spacers for my turtle deck camlocks.

The wings need to have the lighting wires run through them and add my magnometer. I also have VGs that I want to add at this point.

I damaged the fabric on the bottom of the plane so I need to repair that and paint. Should only take an afternoon.

Finally I need to set all my rigging etc.

I feel like I am so close but all the little jobs are stacking up!!! I originally wanted a early June flight but it is looking like late June. I don't want to rush anything but at the same time I have a clear goal of getting to Oshkosh in my own plane!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

With any big project it feels like the last 5% is 50% of the effort. Keep ticking off the boxes, and you'll be there soon.

You know what one of the most awesome things about Oshkosh is? They do it every year! So don't rush your plane, or whatever the Canadian equivalent of Phase I is. If you aren't ready to go until July 30th, you'll just be done 51 weeks early for AirVenture 2019.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Hey Josh
    Don't sweat Oshkosh because it will always be there. Make a run over the bumpy stuff out here when you get going.
    Just a comment on the vgs, I put mine on within the first few flights and I always wished I would have waited until I had flown a bunch of hours.
    I don't really know if they make any difference because I never really flew it before!!
    Don't get stressed and have fun with the remaining stuff.
    Cheers
    Don

All good advise. I won’t cut any corners, don’t worry. I have two months so I think it’s realistic. If not, I have the high Sierra fly in booked off too

Don, I had the opposite thought. If I’m going to be testing flyibgbto get stalk speeds etc, I want to have them on. After hearing Brian and Scott’s success with them, I think I’ll just put them on right away
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Regarding the vg’s, I’m planning on flying off the hours first and then adding the vg’s later. I don’t expect there to be much change in stall speeds or cruise speeds so not top if the list for first flights.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Quote Originally Posted by David47 View Post
    Regarding the vg’s, I’m planning on flying off the hours first and then adding the vg’s later. I don’t expect there to be much change in stall speeds or cruise speeds so not top if the list for first flights.
    Brian Bowden saw about a 6mph difference in some configurations
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3